Well, 2022 was quite the year. It was a great mix of fun, business activities, and making new friends. I attended 2 NASCAR events, 7 concerts/performances, several in and out-of-state conferences, and joined a fabulous BNI group, plus a private social club. Now the hospital thing is not going to be repeated, the nurses told me as much as they liked me, they didn't want to see me back there and I agree with that.
11 New Ideas for Change in 2023 by Jan Cerasaro
With the new year comes thoughts of resolutions; something you will start or stop during the year. How many of you have tried them? How long did they last? Have you given up on resolutions altogether? There are many reasons why most people struggle to make their resolutions work. Look at a few of them listed below to see if you can recognize them.
- The resolution wasn't written down, it was just kept in your head
- It was too vague (I want to make a lot of money in 2023)
- There was no follow-through with actions to make it work
- It was really something somebody else wanted you to do (lose weight)
- It was something so big that you don't know where to start (you want to run a marathon when you can't even run around the block)
- Maybe you had too much champagne and were never serious about the resolution.
The point here is that unless you are definite about what you want, have it written down to review often, committed to taking action, and it is something that you really want your chances for success are slim. Even without resolutions, you affect change for yourself in 2023. Consider the 11 ideas listed below or come up with your own ideas that can benefit your life, relationships, and your happiness. These are in no particular order so see if you are intrigued by one or more of these and have fun changing your year.
- Select one bad habit you're going to break (do you bite your fingernails, or talk over other people)
- You waste too much time so pick one thing to do differently that will make better use of your time (spend less time on social media or email)
- Forgive someone you think has wronged you (time to let it go, mend fences, and move on)
- Find one way to strengthen your relationship with your significant other (spend more quality time with them, listen to them attentively, use kinder and more loving words)
- Pick one unhealthy food to stop eating (find something healthier that gives you a lot of the same satisfaction)
- Pick a new place to visit, somewhere that excites you (could be in your hometown or in another part of the world)
- Is there one fear you would like to overcome that gets in your way (are you afraid of meeting new people, public speaking; reach out to others who don't have that fear and ask for help)
- Select one thing you will no longer tolerate (rude people, gossiping in the office, or being mistreated because you didn't set boundaries)
- Decide that you are going to have more fun then start doing what makes you smile and laugh. Spend time with people you enjoy being around and do activities that give you the most pleasure
- Pick one habit to reinforce (whether you don't do it as often or as well as you would like, make it stronger with repetition)
- Find one small way to make the world a better place (whether it's smiling at everyone you meet, holding a door open, or doing volunteer work).
These ideas are all very doable. If one stands out to you or maybe makes you cringe that might be one to work on first. Even small changes can make a big difference in your life. Have a fabulous 2023!!
ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES
"This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man." --William Shakespeare
CONNECT WITH ME
Please let me know if there are particular items you would like me to cover in upcoming newsletters. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe, healthy, and happy!